Using an offline mobile application offers a variety of benefits for your company’s operational efficiency. Not only do offline mobile apps improve and streamline the user experience, but it also increases customer loyalty. Without an internet connection, it becomes impossible to install or use a mobile app.
This is one of the primary reasons why companies today are shifting towards using offline mobile apps. A new trend is being observed worldwide, mobile app developers along with companies of all sizes are taking a huge interest in the development of offline mobile apps.
There are various advantages of developing an app that works equally well in an offline mode as it does when there is internet connectivity available. The real foundation of these apps lies in developing a secure and reliable environment that is useful for employees of all ages and from all streams.
Developing an app that works well in an offline mode or is able to adopt offline capability allows people to have more flexibility in their overall mobile app experience.
Here are some ways in which an offline mobile app can help your company improve operational efficiency
1. An offline app can be used in areas of poor connectivity
Many companies are opting to develop an offline mobile app because it can be utilized in areas where there is poor internet signal.
For instance, in the oil and gas industry, the main site of operation is usually located in remote areas with limited internet connectivity.
This is also particularly relevant for users who are travelling frequently and do not need to depend on a reliable and strong mobile signal. Enterprise-focused productivity apps are a great example of this.
2. You will have an edge over your competitors
The market for mobile apps is huge. It’s a stated fact that your competitors are employing an app to provide excellent customer service or for record keeping.
For instance, consider how Uber and Lyft are competing apps, as are WhatsApp and Facebook messenger. People tend to choose an app based on several factors, and for many users, an offline app capability is a huge appeal.
Other benefits of having an offline mobile app include:
1. Users are able to always enjoy the experience of using your app even when they are present in a bad internet area.
2. Your users will be able to remain in touch with the app even when they are travelling. Hence, users will prefer to use your offline app over your competitor’s and will also recommend it to others.
3. Offline mobile apps provide full control of the entire cache process.
4. A company is able to manage all the activities with complete flexibility while using an app that does not require any mobile connectivity.
5. With an offline saving option, it becomes possible to make changes whenever you need. Moreover, if the app provides flexibility to upload photos in offline mode, it makes the work much simpler.
There is no doubt that choosing to develop an offline app comes with huge design and development challenges, but the benefits of having an offline app far outweighs the problems faced in the development phase. Therefore, you can choose to work with low code platforms which already come with an inherent feature of offline functionality.
Choosing to work on a low code platform will not only reduce the development time and effort devoted by your IT team but you will also get a completely customizable template app which comes with all the testing done. Imagine the time and the investment saved!
To increase the dexterity of your business, appsFreedom offers intuitive app templates and completely customizable visual creation to automate your business till the last mile. With our low code platform, you can release a complete app within 5 days with advanced features like offline capability, enterprise integrations and simplest UI/UX.
Get in touch with us to avail the benefits of low code platform and make your business accessible even in offline mode.